Friday, November 20, 2009

Looking for the Origin of the last name Kissiah?

I have jumped head first into studying my families history and need help with the Origin of the last name Kissiah, if anyone has any info please let me know. I have tried searching but havent found any new info. Thanks!

Looking for the Origin of the last name Kissiah?
go to ancestors.com
Reply:Looking on Ancestry.com the name seems to be centered in the Carolinas in the census data. I do see a family in Scotland for the 1841 Scottish census. I have also seen families with members born in Ireland.





It may be Scots-Irish, but that is speculation. I was not able to follow families from census to census, so it seems to be a spelling variation of something else, perhaps Kasy or Casey. Some of the families have Mc in front of the name, another indication that it might be Scots-Irish.





Without being able to trace a family through the census years, it is difficult to give any more definitive answer.

crape myrtles

No comments:

Post a Comment